update: re-opening monday june 1, 2020 on a limited schedule
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office.
But now, as we plan for a “new normal” to navigate through this global pandemic, we have implemented enhanced infection control measures in our office which are above and beyond the recommendations made by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At your next appointment, you will see several changes we have made to help protect patients and staff alike, including:
- A brief COVID-19 screening questionnaire, as well as any registration and consent forms, should be filled ahead of your appointment to limit unnecessary contact in office.
- All patients who enter the office are required to wear a mask or cloth covering their nose and mouth.
- Virtual check-in: text or call us when you arrive.
- Temperature checks with a no-contact thermometer for every patient and staff at the door. Anyone with a temperature of 100ºF or higher will be rescheduled.
- We will give you hand sanitizer to use upon entering the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, brochures, etc. since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments spaced out reduce waiting times and the number of patients in the reception area, allowing social distancing.
- Only patients may enter at the appointment time. Patients who are minors may be accompanied by only 1 parent/guardian.
- Our front desk is lined with a glass partition to create a safety barrier.
- You will be given a peroxide-based mouthwash to rinse with before starting your treatment.
- Our staff will be wearing increased PPE: hair coverings, face shields, goggles, KN95/N95 masks, surgical masks, gowns, and gloves.
- We have employed the use of medical grade True HEPA Air Purifiers/Ionizers in every room.
- Frequent and thorough disinfection of all touchable surfaces with EPA-approved cleaners and UV-C light as well as cold air fogging.
- Advanced High Vacuum Evacuation installed at each dental chair to minimize aerosols at the source.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html