Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Farag and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Farag and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Touch-less disinfectant hand soap
- Touch-less hand sanitizer dispensers
- Gloves and face masks
- Protective eyewear and face shields
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces with EPA approved cleaners
- Heat sterilization of all instruments before every use
- Disposable, single-use materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.